CERTIFICATE IN WEB DEVELOPMENT
UPGRADE YOUR CAREER IN 9 MONTHS
Earn your web development certificate online when it's convenient for you. Work from home or from your favorite wi-fi hotspot and launch your new career in under a year.
CLASSES START THURSDAY, APRIL 1
Complete your Application for Admission, including application fee, transcript, and personal essays, and take the first steps toward your new future.
WHO IS THE WEB DEV CERTIFICATE FOR?
You'll learn the tools, technologies, and techniques to design, implement, and maintain modern interactive and dynamic websites. When you complete the certificate, you'll have the skills and knowledge you need to help you land a job such as:
- Junior Web Programmer
- Web Application Developer
- Front-end Developer
WEB DEV PROJECTS
Throughout your 3 quarters at Neumont, you'll work in and lead student teams on real-world projects.
You'll learn how to design websites, work on project teams developing sites and apps from front-end to back-end, and gain a basic understanding of databases using tools like MongoDB and SQL. In your final quarter, you'll combine everything you know to create a project for your portfolio that shows your future employer what you're capable of. This web-based project can be developed on your own or in partnership with a company.
TAKE COURSES LIKE
- Introduction to Computer Science
- Introduction to Web Presentation and Development
- Interactive Web Development
- Model best practices and processes involved in developing software.
- UI/UX design and development.
- Develop dynamic web-based systems using modern languages and integrated development environments.
- Develop professional written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience teamwork and group dynamics first-hand.
- Practice effective problem-solving and decision-making skills.
You'll participate in online classes during a 10-week quarter with a two to three-week break between each quarter. Each quarter is divided into two, five-week blocks called "sprints." Courses may be a quarter long or a sprint long. Each quarter, you'll take two to three classes at a time. New classes will begin each quarter in these programs.
- Lectures and resources are available online for you to access at any time.
- Classes include a mix of lecture, discussion, and hands-on work.
- Courses are available online.
- Courses include strict deadlines to help students take on track.
WEB DEV CERTIFICATE
-24 transferable credits
-Average 8 credits per quarter
-Each quarter has 10 weeks
-Classes are available online
-Average one to two classes per sprint
TIME TO COMPLETE:
-3 quarters, 1 academic year, or 9 months
More About Our Courses
Additional information about our courses, credits, and program requirements are available in the Course Catalog. Program requirements are subject to change.